The Latin America Energy Forum (LAEF) addressed the needs of the evolving Latin America energy sector and discussed investment opportunities for energy project in the region. The unique economic, political and environmental characteristics of each Latin America country, unveils different investment landscapes across the region with massive business potential. As the market continues to move in a fast pace, financing strategies must also adapt to secure market presence while maximising returns.
The event introduced IRENA’s Sustainable Energy Marketplace and engaged experts from financial and development institutions to explore options of scaling up RE investment in Latin America, with a focus on the following topics:
- How will current global, political and economic energy trends influence Latin America’s energy finance landscape?
- What are the key requirements of investors to reach financial close and project bankability?
- How innovative tools and platforms promote investment in renewable energy projects in Latin America?
- What new investment instruments are looking to be most promising in LATAM’s energy sector?
- Mobilizing public and private financing for PPPs, where are the opportunities?